Roblox displays error code 268 when there are server issues or the game is unable to establish a connection with its servers. Here are some solutions to fix error 268:
- Check if Roblox is down or having issues
- Turn on VPN
- Clear DNS cache on Windows
- Delete any mods or cheat engines that you may be using
- Disable antivirus and firewall temporarily
- Delete and reinstall Roblox
- Wait for a few hours and the error might get fixed on its own
Roblox is by far the most popular open-world multiplayer game. It has millions of users who get connected to their friends to play online games.
The game allows players experience limitless opportunities, create unique experiences, build new game worlds and make friends worldwide.
Even though there are many other excellent and notable features of Roblox, there are still some issues that can hinder the overall gaming experience.
One error that players may encounter is error code 268 which shows “You Have Been Kicked Due to Unexpected Client Behavior“.
While this error is highly frustrating, it’s not terminal, and there are ways to fix it. As with most problems in life, you can overcome this issue.
Let’s find out how to fix the Roblox error 268 in this article.
What is Error Code 268 in Roblox?
Roblox displays Error Code 268 due to various reasons. The common reason is when the server is experiencing issues or goes into maintenance mode. In such cases, Roblox automatically disconnects players from the game until their servers are back online.
Roblox displays various versions of error 268, such as the following:
- You have been kicked due to unexpected client behavior. (Error Code: 268)
- You have been kicked by the server. Please close and rejoin another game (Error Code: 268)
Here are the other reasons for this error:
- If you are using or have used a cheat, Roblox may have detected you and is blocking you from entering the game until you disable the cheat.
- Some of the game files might have gotten corrupted.
- Your internet connection might be unstable or having issues. Roblox requires a proper network connection to provide the best gaming experience.
- Hardware issues could also be the reason for this error especially if the network adapters are having problems.
- Corrupt registry
- Operating system incompatibility
How to fix the Roblox error 268
1. Check for server issues
If you face this particular error code, then there is a good chance that Roblox’s server is down or experiencing some issues. It could also be due to the game undergoing maintenance. You can try reconnecting again, but if that doesn’t work, you should wait for some time before retrying.
I would highly recommend that you check their official Status page where they will post a message if there are any server issues or downtime. You can also check their Twitter account and Down Detector.
2. Turn on VPN
It could be that Roblox has banned your IP address and this is preventing you from entering the game.
To confirm whether you’ve been banned, install a VPN on your device and turn it on. This changes your IP address.
Now launch Roblox and check if it works fine. If it does, then it confirms that your original IP address is blocked by Roblox for some reason.
3. Uninstall any cheat software that you may be using
If you are using any kind of cheat engine or mods for Roblox, then that might be causing the issue. In such cases, you should remove it entirely and check if you can reconnect to Roblox without seeing error code 268.
4. Remove these Roblox files on Windows
Some users have reported that deleting 3 specific files from the Roblox data director helped solve the issue.
These files are AnalysticsSettings, frm.cfg, and GlobalBasicSettings_13.
Here’s how to remove them:
1. Press the Windows key + R together to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type in the following and press Enter: %appdata%
3. This opens the “Roaming” folder in “AppData”. The Roblox folder is not located here. Instead, you have to go one level up and go to the “Local Folder instead”.
To do so, click on AppData from the address bar at the top, then go to Local Folder.
4. Go to the Roblox folder.
5. Select and delete the following 3 files in the Roblox folder:
5. Delete and reinstall Roblox
If the error code is still showing, then it is most likely that there is some issues with the game’s files. You have to delete Roblox entirely and reinstall it afresh.
This will help remove any files and data that may have been corrupted and causing Roblox the display error 268.
6. Disable antivirus temporarily
If you are using antivirus software, disable it entirely or uninstall it to check if it resolves the issues.
A number of users have reported that some third-party antivirus applications block Roblox from connecting to its server or interfere with the game’s operations. As such, you should try uninstalling or disabling your antivirus applications temporarily to check if the error disappears.
7. Disable the Windows firewall
Similar to the previous solution, the Windows firewall is not mistakenly blocking games from making outgoing connections. In our case, the firewall might be preventing Roblox from communicating with its servers.
Try turning off your firewall briefly and launch Roblox to check if the problem is fixed. Here’s how to do it:
- Search for “Windows firewall” and open it.
- From the side, click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- Toggle off all the firewall settings.
- Now launch Roblox and see if the issue is resolved. If not, re-enable the firewall and go to the next step.
8. Clear DNS Cache
Clearing the DNS resolver cache will resolve any ongoing connection problems between your device and the internet, including Roblox’s servers.
To clear the DNS Cache, follow these steps:
- Open Command Prompt.
- Type this command and press Enter: ipconfig /flushdns
- You will see a confirmation message that the cache is successfully cleared.
9. Restart Your PC
If you continue getting the error code 268 in Roblox, the next solution is restarting your computer. If your computer has been running for some time, it’s possible that some of its processes have become corrupted or unresponsive.
Restarting your PC will clear any corrupted processes and files and help your computer start afresh.
10. Just wait it out
In most cases, you just have to be patient and wait for a few hours before opening Roblox again. The error could be a result of a temporary issue or glitch that may automatically be fixed if you launch the game after a while.
Many of you might find it hard to put away this game, but you’d be surprised to know how many people have had success getting back into the game after waiting for an hour or more.
If all else fails, consider contacting the Roblox support team to get assistance.
- How to Appear Offline on Roblox
- Why Can’t I buy Robux on Roblox? [Answered]
- How to Shift Lock on Roblox
- Fix “Your Device Does Not Have Enough Memory to Run This Experience” on Roblox