Error code 0x803f8001 is not displayed by Minecraft but by Windows itself and is commonly caused by not installing the latest Windows updates. To fix it, go to Update & Security in Settings and install any new updates that are available.
If the issue is not resolved, try repairing and resetting the Microsoft Store and Minecraft Launcher applications via Settings or delete and reinstall the Launcher entirely.
Microsoft offers a support forum where users can share their problems in hopes of finding a solution. Some players have reported Minecraft launcher error code 0x803f8001, making it impossible to play the game.
The error pops up when users try to launch Minecraft on their Windows 10 or Windows 11 PC. This is the full error message displayed by Minecraft when it fails to launch:
- Check your account – Minecraft is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803f8001.
Error code 0x803f8001 usually occurs when a user opens the Minecraft launcher. Because of this, players can neither log in to their account nor play Minecraft.
If you have been struggling with this error, worry no more, as this guide will help you fix the error 0x803f8001 and get back to playing Minecraft again.
How to fix error code 0x803f8001 in Minecraft
1. Log out and log back into your account in Microsoft Store
The Minecraft launcher isn’t the only application that can display error code 0x803f8001.
This error is closely related to Microsoft Store installed on your PC. Because of account synchronization issues, the store might fail to register Minecraft as a purchased application, thus resulting in a 0x803f8001 error.
To log out from the Microsoft Store, go through the following steps:
- Open Microsoft Store.
- Click on the profile icon at the top.
- You will see the option to sign out under your username and email address. Click on it to sign out from the Microsoft Store.
- Once you have logged out of Microsoft Store, click on the profile icon and use your credentials to log back in.Try opening the Minecraft Launcher and see if the error code persists or is resolved.
2. Make sure Windows is running on the latest version.
An outdated Windows version can be the real culprit. Make sure you are running the latest version of Windows 10/11 on your PC and that all the updates are installed.
Follow the steps below to find out if there are updates available for Windows:
- Click on the Start menu and go to Settings.
- In Settings, go to Update & Security.
- Click on the Check for updates button to see whether any updates are available.
- If any updates are available, download and install them.
- Restart your computer.
3) Repair Minecraft Launcher and Microsoft Store
The issue could be due to corrupted data and files pertaining to the Microsoft Store or the Minecraft Launcher. Windows has a built-in feature that lets users repair applications and you can use that to fix the 0x803f8001 Minecraft error.
Here’s how to repair the Minecraft Launcher and Microsoft Store.
- Open the Settings app.
- Click on Apps.
- Under “Apps & Features”, search for Minecraft Launcher.
- Click on Minecraft Launcher and go to Advanced options.
- Scroll down and click on the Repair button.
- Repeat the same steps for the Microsoft Store.
If error code 0x803f8001 is still not resolved, try resetting both the applications instead of repairing them.
4) Reset Minecraft Launcher and Microsoft Store
If the previous three solutions fail to help, we will have to rely on drastic measures. In many cases, resetting an application seems to fix most errors users might face.
In Windows, you can use Settings to reset almost every application installed on your PC.
By resetting the Minecraft Launcher and Microsoft Store, you can erase the app data and fix error code 0x803f8001.
Here’s how to reset the Microsoft Store and the Minecraft Launcher:
- Go to the Settings app and click on Apps.
- Search the Minecraft Launcher under “Apps & Features” and click on it to open.
- Click on the Reset option under the “Advanced” options.
- Repeat the same steps for Microsoft Store.
With this, Minecraft Launcher and Microsoft Store should be as good as brand new.
5) Reinstall Minecraft Launcher
The final and most effective solution to fix the Minecraft Launcher error code 0x803f8001 is uninstalling and reinstalling Minecraft Launcher and Microsoft Store.
This will resolve most glitches or errors you might be facing in both applications.
- Go to Settings > Apps.
- Search for Minecraft Launcher and click on it to open.
- Press the Uninstall button to delete the app.
- Once removed, open the Microsoft Store and search for “Minecraft Launcher”.
- Download and install it.
A clean install of Minecraft Launcher should fix error 0x803f8001.
- Fix “A JNI error has occurred” in Minecraft
- Fix Minecraft “Unable to decompress file. Launching the game failed!”
- How to Repair a Bow in Minecraft
- How to Fix Minecraft OpenGL Error 1281
- How to Use a Tripwire Hook in Minecraft
- How to Get Black Dye in Minecraft