Have you ever wondered how to split screen on an iPhone? Do you wish there was an easy way to do this? Believe it or not, it is very possible.
One of the best things to happen, in my opinion, to our smartphones is split-screen. This allows us to have two apps open at once. I have a lot of different tasks I do on my phone so being able to divide my screen is an amazing feature.
Have you ever wondered why you can’t activate split-screen mode on your iPhone? Or when is it okay to use split-screen mode? The ability to use two apps on your phone at the same time seems pretty cool, but can be a bit confusing at first.
If you want to know how to split screen on iPhone then this is the article for you. I’ll walk you through how to split screen your iPhone so you can watch videos and browse the web at the same time.
How to Split Screen on iPhone
Even though Apple doesn’t provide any built-in way to use multiple apps on iPhone at the same time, you can use third-party web browser apps to view two web pages at once. Here are some of these apps.
1. CoSurf App
The CoSurf app is a great tool to use when you want to split-screen two websites on your iPhone. This can be especially helpful if you’re trying to compare information between two different sources. Here’s how to use split screen on iPhone with CoSurf
- Download the CoSurf app from the iOS App Store, then open the app.
- Tap on one of the tabs at the bottom of the screen to select which web browser you’d like to access.
- Once you’ve selected a web browser, start typing in the search bar at the top of your screen, and use it as you would any other web browser.
- The URL bar will remain visible as you scroll down on each website, so if you lose track of where you are, tap on it and enter a new URL.
- If you want to minimize one website while browsing the other, just tap on the X in the top left corner of that side of your screen.
2. WebDuo Pro App
The WebDuo Pro App is one of the easiest ways to split your screen on an iPhone. With it, you can simultaneously run two apps side-by-side, either on a 50/50 basis or in a 70/30 configuration.
WebDuo Pro App works with all apps, letting you view two Safari pages at once, use FaceTime while writing an email, play games while watching Netflix, and more.
To get started with WebDuo Pro App:
- Download the app from the Apple App Store — you’ll have to pay $5.99 to unlock the full app
- Open WebDuo Pro App and select the app you want to split screen with
- Tap Start Split Screen
- To switch between screens, swipe along the bottom of your screen
- When you’re done using split screen mode, tap Done in the top-left corner
3. Split Screen – Dual Window App
If you love using Safari on your iPhone but wish you could see more than one website at a time, then you’re in luck.
Split Screen – Dual window app is a free web browser that lets you open and view two web pages simultaneously on your screen, such as Instagram and YouTube. Split Screen – Dual window app is so simple to use. Here’s how:
- Just install the app and launch it.
- You’ll see two blank screens side by side.
- Use the left-hand column to enter the URL for your first webpage and the right-hand column to enter the URL for your second webpage.
- Then press Go on both screens and let the magic start.
On one, the screen is displayed a news article from the BBC website and on the other screen is displayed a recipe from the BBC Good Food website.
4. SplitNet App
You can use the Splitnet app to split screen on your iPhone. This app is available for and it’s compatible with a wide range of iPhones. The app splits your screen in half, which you can use to multitask on iphones with two different apps simultaneously.
- Tap “Open in Splitnet” and then tap which side of the screen you want to display it on.
- Tap “Launch Safari” to open a new browser page in another window, so you can view two sites simultaneously.
To manage your apps, swipe right, and tap “Split Screen,” or swipe left to access your clipboard. When you’re ready to exit Splitnet, simply close each of its windows.
iPhone does not have the split-screen feature built into it like how iPad does. As such, there’s no way to use two apps side-by-side.
However, there are web browser apps on the iOS App Store that have the split-screen feature and let you browse multiple pages next to each other.
[Featured image credit: TrustReviews]