To hide your Steam activity (such as game activity, achievements, comments, and purchases), click on your name at the top of Steam and select “Profile”. Click on Edit Profile > Privacy Settings > My profile and choose the “Private” option. Your Steam profile will now become private and no one can view your activities.
When you use Steam and play games, your entire activity will be displayed on your profile. By default, your profile is set to private so that no one can view it.
However, you may have set it to public and you don’t remember. When a profile is public, all your Steam game activity can be viewed by others including your friends.
If you don’t want others to find out when you play a game on Steam or purchase new games, there are ways to hide the Steam game activity so that no one will ever find out.
Here are a couple of methods to hide your Steam activity.
How to hide game activity on Steam
You can hide your game activity on Steam by setting your profile to Private. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open the Steam app on your computer.
2. Click on your name at the top and select Profile from the menu that appears.
3. On the right side, you will find an Edit Profile button. Click on it.
4. Click on Privacy Settings on the sidebar.
5. The Privacy settings screen is where you will find all the options related to your account’s privacy. Click on the dropdown next to Game details and select Private.
Your Steam profile will now be set to private and cannot be viewed by anyone. With this method, your Steam game activity and recent activity will be hidden.
Other ways to hide your Steam activity
1. Set your steam visibility to Invisible
If you don’t want your friends to find out when you are playing a game, you can set your status to Invisible. This means that your Steam friends will see you offline eventhough you are online.
To become invisible on Steam, do the following:
- Open the Steam chat.
- Click on your name at the top.
- Select Invisible.
2. Set your entire profile to Private
While the previous section showed you how to hide your game activity, you can hide your entire Steam activity by setting your profile to private.
- Open Steam and click on your name at the top.
- Select Profile.
- Click on Edit Profile from the right side.
- Go to Privacy Settings.
- Click the dropdown next to My Profile and select Private.
- Steam will now set the following to private: Profile summary, Friends list, Badges, Comments, Showcases, Steam level, and Group memberships.
These are the different ways in which you can hide your Steam activity including your purchases, what games you are paying, achievements, and more.
There are many reasons why someone would want to hide their Steam and game activity, such as when you don’t want others to find out that you’re playing a particular game or you just want to spend your time playing a game alone.