To get the Snapchat Plus badge, you have to subscribe to Snapchat+. Once done, go to your profile and tap on your Snapchat+ membership card at the top. Next, toggle on the “Snapchat+ badge” option.
Snapchat recently released its paid subscription called Snapchat Plus which lets you get access to exclusive features available to users who purchased the premium subscription.
One of the biggest perks of Snapchat+ is that it adds a black star badge (✪) next to the username of the person that has purchased the premium subscription. This lets other people know that you are a Snapchat Plus subscriber.
If you’re wondering what does Snapchat+ do and how to get the black badge, read on to find out.
What is Snapchat Plus?
Snapchat Plus is a premium subscription offered by Snapchat that lets users access new features that are exclusively available to those who have subscribed. The subscription costs $3.99 USD per month and the price may vary depending on your location and currency.
With the Snapchat+ subscription, you get these new features:
- Ghost Trails: Find out where your friends have been in the past 24 hours by viewing their trails on the Snap Map. You can only see it for friends that share their location with you.
- #1 Best Friend: Pin one best friend to the top of your chats list. You can only pin one friend at a time.
- Friend Solar Systems: This new feature displays a golden “Best Friends” or “Friends” badge on some users’ profiles. It indicates that you are one of their eight closest friends on Snapchat.
- Find out how many friends have rewatched your stories. Snapchat displays the 👀 emoji below stories that have been rewatched. The number next to the eye emoji indicates how many friends have rewatched a story.
- Change the Snapchat app icon.
In addition, you get access to the beta and pre-release features made available to Snapchat+ users.
If you’re a frequent user of Snapchat, getting the Plus subscription is a way of showing support for the app’s developers and helping them keep up with the development and maintenance costs.
How to get the Snapchat+ black badge?
The Snapchat+ badge is disabled by default. Here’s how you can enable the Snapchat Plus black badge so that it appears next to your name:
- Subscribe to Snapchat+. The black badge is only available to users who have Snapchat+.
- From the camera page, tap on your profile picture in the top left to open your Profile.
- From the top, tap on your Snapchat+ membership card.
- Turn on the Snapchat+ badge toggle.
Once you enable it, the black badge will be displayed next to your name on Snapchat and all your friends can see it.
How to subscribe to Snapchat+?
To subscribe to Snapchat Plus, follow the steps below:
- Open Snapchat and go to the camera screen.
- Tap on your profile icon in the top left corner.
- Press the gear icon in the top right to open the Snapchat settings.
- Tap on Snapchat+.
- Select the duration of the subscription (1 month, 6 months, 12 months) and make the payment.
How to get the free trial of Snapchat+?
Snapchat is offering a 7-day free trial for Snapchat Plus. If you’re interested to find out if the subscription is worth it, you should definitely try the free trial.
To get the free trial, go to Snapchat’s settings page and tap on Snapchat+. Choose a subscription and press the Start 7-Day Free Trial button.
Do you have to pay for Snapchat Plus?
Yes, Snapchat Plus is a paid subscription that costs $3.99 USD per month and gives you access to exclusive and pre-release features.
How do I know if someone has Snapchat Plus?
When someone purchases the Snapchat+ subscription, a black badge will appear next to their username unless they choose to disable it. That’s how you will know if someone has Snapchat+.
Is Snapchat Plus out?
Yes, Snapchat+ is now available to all Snapchat users and you can purchase the subscription for $3.99/mo.
How much does Snapchat+ cost?
Snapchat+ costs $3.99 USD per month. You can also purchase a 6 months or 12 months subscription which is available at a discounted rate.
- How Does Your Snap Score Go Up?
- How Often Does Snap Score Update?
- How to Snapchat Loading Screen Stuck on Tap to Load
- How to Delete Snapchat Messages the Other Person Saved