WhatsApp++ (aka WhatsApp Plus Plus) adds many new features to WhatsApp. You can download WhatsApp++ IPA and install it on your iPhone by following the guide in this article.
Among all the messaging apps available today, WhatsApp is by far one of the best ways to chat with anyone from around the globe. The app has made it very easy for friends and family to stay in touch with one another through text messaging, video calls, and voice calls.
Despite all the features offered by WhatsApp, there are still a number of essential features that are missing from the app, such as the ability to passcode lock the app, hide online status, and more.
WhatsApp++ is an app designed to fill the gap and add the most demanding features to WhatsApp.
What is WhatsApp++?
WhatsApp++, also known as WhatsApp Plus Plus, is an app for iOS that comes packed with a lot of new features and enhancements. It is built into the original WhatsApp app and lets you customize the app’s interface, hide your last seen and online status, and do much more. It can be installed as a separate standalone app.
To install the app on your iPhone, you can download the IPA file from this page and sideload it using AltStore. In this article, we explain how it works.
Here are some of the features offered by the tweak:
- Hide your online status
- Send unlimited number of media at once
- Get notified whenever your selected contacts go online, offline, or start typing a message
- Disable read receipts for certain contacts only
- Disable delivery receipts: others won’t get a double tick mark when their messages get delivered to you
- Share music from the Music app
- Lock the WhatsApp app using a passcode or Touch ID
- Add your full profile picture without cropping
- Customize the app by changing text color and interface color
- Adds label next to your contacts in the chats list to show which contacts are currently online
- Adds an in-app web browser
- Blocks ads and video ads
Download WhatsApp++ IPA
|File size||114 MB|
How to install WhatsApp++ on iPhone
1. Download and install the AltStore app on iPhone
You must first install the AltStore app on your iPhone before you can sideload WhatsApp++ tweak. AltStore is a third-party installer for iOS that lets you sideload and install any iOS IPA file onto your device.
To install AltStore, read our detailed guide here.
2. Delete the stock WhatsApp app
In order to install WhatsApp++, you must remove the original WhatsApp app from your iPhone. That is because the tweak cannot be installed alongside the original app and it cannot overwrite it.
To remove WhatsApp, press and hold on to its icon in the Home screen, then choose Remove app.
3. Download WhatsApp++ IPA and open it
On your iPhone, open Safari and download the IPA file from the Downloads section above.
Once the download begins, an arrow icon appears next to the address bar. Tap on it and choose Downloads from the menu that appears.
The downloads list is displayed. Tap on the IPA file that you just downloaded to open it.
4. Press the Share icon and choose AltStore
When you open the WhatsApp++ IPA, a blank screen is displayed as shown in the screenshot below. In the top right corner, you will find a share icon. Tap on it to open the iOS Share Sheet.
Select the AltStore app from the Share Sheet so that the IPA file is opened using it.
5. AltStore will begin installing WhatsApp++
The AltStore app will automatically open and begin installing the app using the IPA file that you downloaded. It will take a few minutes for the installation to complete so sit back and relax until it is done.
During installation, if you get a Server is not found error, you can fix it by going to the AltStore settings and signing in using your Apple ID.
After the app is installed successfully, it will appear in the My Apps tab.
6. Go to the Home screen and open WhatsApp++
Now go to the Home screen and you should find the WhatsApp icon. Tap on it to open WhatsApp++ and enjoy all the features that it offers.
You can access the tweak’s features from the settings page in WhatsApp.
How to install WhatsApp++ with Cydia
To install WhatsApp++ using Cydia, you must first jailbreak your iOS device. The jailbreak can be done using unc0ver. Once jailbroken, open the Cydia app, and add a new repo for “https://beta.unlimapps.com”. You should then be able to search for WhatsApp++ in Cydia and install it.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to show how it works.
- First, jailbreak your iPhone using unc0ver so that the Cydia app is installed.
- Open Cydia and go to the Sources tab.
- Tap the Edit button, then choose Add.
- Enter the following URL: https://beta.unlimapps.com
- Once the new source has been added successfully, go to the Search tab and search for WhatsApp++.
- Tap the Install button to install tweak on your device.
Alternatives to WhatsApp++
1. WhatsApp Watusi
WhatsApp Watusi is the best WhatsApp++ alternative as the app is regularly updated by the developer, unlike WhatsApp++ which seems to have been abandoned by its developers.
Watusi adds offers many more features, such as the following:
- Disable read receipts
- Freeze your last seen status
- Disable delivery and typing indicators
- Send an unlimited number of photos to send
- Password-protect the app
- Call recorder
- Lock chats
- Enables send button while offline
- Customization of the app’s user interface
2. Dragon for WhatsApp
Dragon for WhatsApp is another great alternative. It offers the following features:
- Disable typing indicator and read receipt
- Download photos and videos from Statuses
- Disable screenshot notifications
- Send up to 25 messages at once
- View online status of your contacts in the chats list
- Send unlimited photos and videos at once
- View and store deleted messages
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the WhatsApp++ Cydia repo?
The Cydia source for WhatsApp++ is the following:
You can add this repo by going to Cydia > Sources tab, then press the Edit button and choose Add.
What can you do with WhatsApp++?
With WhatsApp++, you can customize the text color and the app’s interface, disable delivery tickmarks, lock the app with a passcode or Touch ID, share music, get notifications when a contact comes online, and much more.
How to use the app?
All the features provided by this tweak are built into the WhatsApp app. You can access them by going to Settings page of WhatsApp and you’ll find an option to access the settings of the tweak. From here, you can enable or disable each of the features provided by this tweak.
Is WhatsApp++ illegal?
Although WhatsApp++ is not illegal, it does violate the terms and conditions of WhatsApp by modding the app. As such, if WhatsApp detects that a user is using the tweak, they may get banned from using the app.
How can you download WhatsApp++?
You can download the latest version of the tweak from the Downloads section on this page.