The Amazon CS11 error is caused when using an outdated version of the app. Go to the App Store and install any new updates that are available for the Amazon Prime app. If that’s not the case, delete and reinstall the app, check if Amazon is down, and ensure that the date and time on your device are correct.
Amazon is the prime destination for people to shop online for anything that they want with ease and at great prices. The Amazon Prime app is one of the ways that you can shop on Amazon and it comes with a lot of features.
Many users have reported getting the CS11 error on the Amazon app which prevents them from placing orders. The app shows the following error message: “Sorry, something went wrong. We’re working on fixing it. (CS11).”
This error is pretty vague and doesn’t really specify what is causing the issues. It has led to many users getting confused as to how to fix the problem.
In this article, you’ll find out how to fix the Amazon CS11 error so that you can shop without any issues.
What is the CS11 error on the Amazon Prime app?
Amazon displays the CS11 error due to the following reasons:
- Server outage: If the Amazon servers are having issues, some of the app’s functionality ceases to work which causes the app to show the “something went wrong” CS11 error.
- Outdated app: If you have not updated the Amazon Prime app to the latest version, then there could be glitches in the existing version that is causing the error.
- Network issues: Network problems are one of the common reasons for the Amazon CS11 error. If your internet is disconnected or the connection is unstable, the app will have issues connecting to Amazon’s servers.
How to fix the Amazon app CS11 error
The solutions for fixing the Amazon CS11 error include updating the app, reinstalling the app, correcting the date and time on your device, checking if Amazon is down, and clearing the app’s cache.
1. Update the Amazon app
It is essential that you always update the Amazon app to fix as many bugs and glitches as possible. If you’re using an older version of Amazon, there could be known issues in that version which is causing the CS11 error to appear.
To fix the problem, go to the iOS App Store or the Google Play Store and install any updates available for the Amazon app.
2. Clear the app cache and data
The Amazon Prime app CS11 error is sometimes caused by corrupted files or cache data in the app. You can fix this problem by clearing the app’s cache and data.
Here’s how to do it on Android and iOS.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on Apps.
- From the list of installed apps, find and tap on Amazon.
- Tap on Storage.
- Tap on the Clear Data and Clear Cache buttons.
- Open Amazon and check if the issue is resolved.
- If the problem is still present, delete the Amazon app and reinstall it.
- From the Home screen, find the Amazon app.
- Tap and hold onto it and select the Remove App option.
- Once the app is removed, all its data and cache are cleared including any data that may have been corrupted.
- Go to the App Store and reinstall the Amazon app.
3. Check if Amazon is down
It could be that Amazon is facing an outage and that some of its servers are down. When this happens, the Amazon app displays various errors including the “Sorry, something went wrong. We’re working on fixing it. (CS11)” error.
To check if Amazon is down, go to Down Detector and see if there are any spikes in outages reported by customers. The website will also display a message stating whether Amazon is down or not.
4. Correct your device’s date and time
If the date and time are largely incorrect on your device, it can lead to unexpected issues including the CS11 Amazon error. Therefore, make sure that the date and time are accurate.
Here’s how to change the date/time on iOS and Android.
- Open Settings.
- Go to General management.
- Tap on Date and time.
- Toggle on Automatic date and time or manually set them.
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to General.
- Tap on Date & Time.
- Set the date and time manually or toggle on Set Automatically.
5. Check your internet connection
Amazon requires a stable internet connection for the app to function properly. Check to see if your internet connection is down by opening a web browser and going to a random website to check if the site loads.
In addition, try connecting to a different WiFi network or switch to Cellular Data to check if the problem gets fixed.